Capita Symonds is one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies operating in the building design, civil engineering, environment, management and transport sectors.
With over 3,500 staff in 45 UK offices we offer an unrivalled scope of services and a unique blend of professional and technical skills to schemes of all types and complexities.
We are a company built around success - your success and ours.
At the heart of everything we do is our belief in being a company that shares mutual success with clients through developing successful people, delivering successful projects and maintaining successful performance year on year.
Values We are a company that shares mutual success with clients through successful people, projects and performance.
To achieve this we share a simple set of values that guide us in everything we do. They help us strive for success and, even though our people have a diverse range of skills and specialities, we all feel part of one vibrant organisation.
• Leadership and empowerment
• A consistent and open culture
• Creative solutions
• Respecting individuals and valuing their contributions
• Commercial understanding
• Energy and enthusiasm
What we do Capita Symonds provides a broad range of professional and technical expertise in the building design, civil engineering, environment, management and transport markets. We work on many of the largest property and infrastructure schemes across the UK and overseas.
We also have a number of ground-breaking strategic partnerships with a number of local authorities across the UK.
Transport We offer a full range of transport consultancy services from strategic and policy issues to the delivery of effective design solutions. Our key differentiator is that we work in partnership with our clients to maximise their asset value.
Our team has particular expertise in development planning and the rail and aviation sectors. We have unique experience in the application of technology to improve network management and congestion.
We are the largest transport planning company in Wales and have been involved in all aspects of sustainable transport from cycling and walking schemes such as safe routes to schools and the National Cycle Network, to the provision of real time passenger information bus priority measures.
The consultancy’s current project portfolio demonstrates its involvement in a diverse range of sustainable transport planning projects including:
• Capita Symonds was named ‘Major Consultant of the Year’ at the NCE/ACE Consultant of the Year Awards, March 25th.
• National Transport Awards for Road Safety – Capita Symonds’ road safety team in Blackburn scooped the ‘Road Safety’ category at The National Transport Awards in London, July 28th.
• London Congestion Charging – to implement and operate the London Congestion Charge scheme on behalf of Transport for London.
• Cardiff Transportation Partnership – working together to progress the development of an innovative, integrated and world-class transport network that will put the cosmopolitan Welsh capital well and truly on the global map.
• Penarth Headland Link – this project will allow pedestrians and cyclists to access Penarth esplanade by linking it around the cliff to the Cardiff Bay Barrage
• Blackwood Bus Interchange – comprehensive redevelopment of the former bus station site to improve facilities for passengers and bus operators.
• Making Better Use of the M4’ Study – The consultancy was commissioned by the National Assembly for Wales to carry out this major study into measures for making more efficient use of the M4 motorway between the second Severn Crossing and Jct 34 west of Cardiff at Miskin.
• Travel Plans – Capita Symonds’ travel plan co-ordinators assist business and schools in preparing travel plans aimed at reducing congestion, tackling parking problems and improving safety
• Road Safety – Education and training directly to local authorities with road safety campaigns, safety audits of transport schemes, and road safety engineering.
With significant additional expertise available in the other 45 UK offices Capita Symonds has the strength and depth of skills to tackle most sustainable transport projects.
Our national coverage in Wales with offices in Cwmbran, Cardiff and Colwyn Bay enables us to bring a wider perspective and promote solutions to the diverse problems of rural and urban transport planning in Wales, from road user charging and demand management to cycling and education strategies, road safety issues and helping to change travel patterns in Wales.”
The continued success of Capita Symonds has recently been acknowledged by the civil engineering community, as mentioned previously the company received the award for Major Consultant of the Year for 2006 by professional magazine New Civil Engineer (NCE) and the Association for Consultancy & Engineering (ACE). The Awards were announced at the launch of NCE's annual Consultants File, a snapshot of the health and value of the UK consulting engineering sector and its importance to the UK economy.
Graham Cogswell, Managing Director Wales and the West says “This is a fantastic achievement for Capita Symonds in only our second year The NCE/ACE Awards are widely regarded in the infrastructure industry and this a major feather in our cap. It is a tribute to the hard work and commitment of all our people and recognises the wide range of innovative projects we are undertaking across the UK and overseas."
The aim for 2006 is to work closely with client to share the mutual benefits of successful projects and successful performance.