Job Title - Project Director - Rail
The transport sector is evolving. At Atkins, we provide a complete set of project-based and tailored advisory services across the Highways, Rail, International and Local Transport markets. We help to develop strategies and strengthen frameworks that effectively respond to market demands and bring ideas to life.
Through innovative partnerships, Atkins is shaping the future of transport. Our staff, forward thinking and commercially aware, understand the industry’s challenges and are able to maximise opportunities for growth and the benefit of society.
We work smart. We are focused on the needs of our clients and are committed to keeping our promises. For each and every project we safely deliver leading-edge solutions, policy outcomes and effective and efficient services for the best value.
With this in mind, we are looking to recruit a Project Director based in the North West. The successful candidate will lead delivery for a number of our key projects within the Rail market. They will be able to demonstrate a high level of capability within the railway engineering field, have the credibility to lead engagement with key clients and stakeholders and have a proven track record of delivery on multidisciplinary railway engineering design projects.
• Providing leadership on major multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
• Client engagement at a regional and national level.
• Maintain and further develop the existing teams to continue to deliver world class engineering projects on time and to budget
• Meet the client’s business objectives and for them to feel confident in our ability to deliver.
• Briefing and directing project teams to ensure the work is carried out cost effectively and to specification, whilst liaising with the board, and taking an active part in the board’s decision making process.
• Ensuring the ethos of safety is maintained and promoted throughout the regional business and show personal leadership.
• A successful track record of project delivery, managing multiple project teams within major projects.
• You will be experienced in programme planning, able to set standards, provide guidance, and audit delivery of the standards.
• You will have the confidence and experience to pro-actively engage with our customers at all levels and in all circumstances.
• Knowledge and experience to handle contractual issues competently.
• Awareness and specialist knowledge to ensure safety in the railway environment.
• Leadership, communication, negotiating, influencing and inter-personal skills, with the drive and commitment to achieve programme wide objectives.
• Commitment to customer service, financial control, competitive tendering, engineering quality and health and safety matters.
You should have strong leadership and managerial qualities, with proven team management and communication skills, and the ability to motivate and mentor staff accordingly.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days’ additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.