Job Title - Senior Software Engineer
Atkins currently has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer based in our Rail Signalling Software Development Team in Central Birmingham, the Axis office adjacent to the Mailbox.
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate a strong level of technical capability in software design and development for R&D and innovation projects who can work with our Systems and Software team on the development of signalling systems and can bring that experience to bear with our team.
We are interested in engineers from software background who can demonstrate experience of successfully contributing to the design of safety related control and automation software systems under verification and validation methodology.
• To provide system and software engineering design of innovation projects within the Rail industry
• Contributing in the design of industry leading methodologies, techniques and tools to create future ground breaking software products within the Rail industry.
• Working as part of a team to provide technical engineering excellence.
• Verification and Validation of safety critical software including design review, code review and Integration testing
• Working with a range of diverse engineering tools
• Maintaining and developing client relationships.
• Successfully meeting cost and project deadlines.
• Experience in designing, implement and test software for critical safety related systems
• Experience delivering systems according with EN50128 standards would be desirable.
• Understanding of innovations development roadmap.
• Experience of working in verification & validation software development processes.
• Experience on Software development and testing.
• Experience on Model Based engineering design tools, formal design methodologies, UML and/or other formal languages, use of Enterprise Architect is also desirable.
• HNC/degree (or equivalent) level in an Engineering discipline
• Excellent communication skills.
• Sound report writing skills.
• Experience of the Rail industry would be desirable but not essential.