18 Aug 2008 (provided by Modern Railways), Category: Rail Customer interface
Delivery of the project is now in the hands of Transport Scotland, in partnership with the rail industry. Market consultation and testing is already underway and will continue over the next few months prior to the official procurement process which is due to start by the end of this year.
Work is expected to start in 2011 for completion around the end of 2013 at an estimated cost of £235-295million at the point of completion. In addition to market consultation, Transport Scotland also anticipates holding a Market Information Day as part of the procurement process later this year.
Waverley Railway Project – preliminary timetable
• Notice in Official Journal of the European Union: end 2008
• Competitive dialogue submission stage: 2009
• Final tender stage: beginning 2010
• Preferred bidder announcement: end 2010
• Start on site: early 2011
• Trains and infrastructure operating: end 2013